Energy Efficiency Rebates
GROUND SOURCE (GEOTHERMAL) HEAT PUMP - $ 350 to $ 700 per ton – maximum of 5 ton
- $ 350/ton for new construction or LP conversion, $ 700/ton for residential upgrades from electric resistance heat
- This system must be the structure’s primary heating source
- Non-residential unit rebates are subject to Board approval
INDOOR LIGHTING - LED bulbs - $ 2 per
- Rebate is limited to 4 bulbs per year, per member (residential use)
- 20 bulbs per year, per member (business/farm use)
SECURITY YARD LIGHTS $ 100
- 40 W LED light (approximate retail value: $ 280) - $ 100 rebate
- Saves approximately $ 36 per year
AIR SOURCE HEAT PUMP - $ 400 or $ 800 per unit
- $ 400 for new construction or LP conversion; $ 800 for residential upgrades from electric resistance heat
- This system must be the structure's primary heating source.
CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONER - 14.5 - 15 SEER = $ 200
ELECTRIC HEAT PUMP WATER HEATER - $ 400 per unit
- Rebate available for new construction or for upgrades from electric resistance or LP.
Energy Star -- Heat Pump Water Heaters
Energy Star -- 30% Federal Tax Credit
ENERGY STAR REFRIGERATOR, FREEZER $ 50 per appliance
- To receive your refrigerator or freezer rebate, you must dispose of your old unit.
You must provide proof of disposal from your appliance dealer. If your appliance dealer does not dispose of old units, contact FEC.
Requirements for Rebates and Grants
- All units must be new (receipt for purchase must be dated within the past six months) and permanently installed on member premises to qualify for rebates.
- Members are responsible for contractor scheduling and associated installation costs.
- Members may be responsible for costs associated with upgrades to Cooperative systems due to increased capacity requirements.
- Warranties, liabilities, and insurance shall be the responsibility of the member.
- Rebate and grant applications are subject to Board approval.
- Additional Cooperative rate incentives may apply but are not listed here.
- Rebates, grants and cash rewards are available to Farmers Electric Cooperative members only.
- Rebates are based on residential square footage requirements for heat loss or gain. (No unit over-sizing funded.)
- Rebate or grant shall not exceed total invoiced amount.